Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Big project: Scrap room rearranging - part 1

Whew! We finally went back to school today after being out for 7 days at the end of last semester (we did go the last day and a half) and then being out the first 7 days of this semester due to snow. I believe we ended up with a total accumulation of 11 - 12 inches of snow. We haven't gotten a good snow in a long, long time. These are pics of our back and side yard.





I've been working on knitting this scarf for a friend. The pattern uses short rows so that you end up with triangles. Here's a picture of how what it looks like to this point and a close up of the triangles.

The major thing that I have been working on is getting my scrap area organized. I finally have most of a room to do my crafty things in. I had a corner of our den but we've rearranged some things in other parts of the house so that I can finally have more space. I was having to store part of my crafting things in the room that I used as my dressing/sewing/storage area. It was a mess. It still is right now but that's due to moving things around. I am so excited to be able to rearrange things and to get more space. I had a bit of a hard time getting started because I was trying to go through things before I moved them but I decided that was taking too long so I just started moving things the other day. I like how it's turned out so far. It seems like the room is so much bigger now. I maybe move some other things around again but I'm happy with the results so far. Now I need to focus on the other room and get that organized. It is a disaster area right now. I'll try and keep you all updated.



Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I think a little table in the room for me to come and scrap would really finish off that room! Cute space - I love all of your toys but you already knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Jade you would be welcome anytime!

    ReplyDelete