Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Junque Journal Part 1

Hello again!

Hooray! It's been driving me nuts all night and most of the day. I've wanted to make a junque journal. I've been meaning to start for a while now and had actually started a couple of junque/art journals/smash book but had then gotten swept up in life. Now I'm back at it. I pulled out the composition book that's been sitting in my craft area for months now and have adorned it with ribbon. I decided to tie the ribbon on both the top and the bottom. I've also gone through and crumpled some of the pages so that I can ink them later. Some of the pages tore but I'm not worried about since this is suppose to be a junque journal and can be as messy as I want. Crumpling the pages has already added a significant amount of depth to the book. It'll be interesting to see what happens when I start adding other things in. I'll take some pictures and add them on here later so that you all can join me in the journey. I'm also going to make a smash book and an art journal. I think I'll make them for presents also. I'm looking forward to using up my stash and creating again.

I received my inspiration from a bunch of creative people on YT. Check out tangiebaxter, littleglimpses, journalartista, and chrispea to name a few.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I started mine last week :) You should check out this one http://dispatchfromla.typepad.com/dispatch_from_la/2011/07/hello-my-name-is-tuesday.html and I LOVE the one that she got her inspiration from. My 10yr old started one today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Her's is so cool looking. I had started an inspiration journal before and it's funny because it looks like the super stuffed journal but it's red and not that fat. I'd gotten busy with life and forgot to put stuff into it, hehe. I LOVE the Smash book. I have the pink one. I bought one for my mom also so that she can play too. I was just looking at it last night. I'll have to show you the one I've started. I was thinking of maybe doing a class ;) Thats awesome that your 10 yr old started one too. We're on the same wave length, ha. ;)

    ReplyDelete